Monday, April 14, 2008

"It's in the hole!"


An 85-year old blind veteran made a hole-in-one last week while golfing at the Tortuga in Green Valley, Arizona. The old duffer was with a group of other blind veterans participating in a VA recreation therapy program. Volunteers "line-up" the ball for the veterans and step back and leave them free to drive off.
Robert Dunham says he didn't believe it at first when he was told he hit an ace.I have to this man his "props"-at his age and with his impairment he is still going strong and getting out there on the course. I am not a golfer but I am a "golfer wife" and I honestly think it keeps my husband sane. He is raring to get out on the course as soon as spring comes and has been know to play in inclement weather sometimes. The Pings come out of the hall closet and so do the shoes and the funny hats. I have went along a few times and it really does little for me, but I do enjoy watching the game if I can ride in a cart!
Hats off to Mr. Dunham!

No comments: