Saturday, March 22, 2008

$1350 for a cornflake?WTF???


A pair of sisters in Virginia who listed a cornflake shaped like the state of Illinois on EBay have a buyer/bidder-a Texas man who will pay $1350 for the curious cornflake and add it to his "traveling pop culture/Americana museum".Since food items are prohibited by Ebay,the sisters had to get creative and actually auction off a certificate entitling the bearer to the cornflake.
Is it just me or is this insane???I do not fault the girls selling it -but what fricking idiot spends $1350 for something I would sweep up and throw into the swill if I saw it lying on my floor at home?Who was it that said theres a sucker born every minute?P.T.Barnum?
With a recession on and gas prices like they are I think spending any amount of money on a SINGLE cornflake render someone certifiable.For that price,I hope it was Kelloggs brand and not some cheap store brand cereal!

No comments: