Tuesday, March 4, 2008

I SHALL RETURN!

Last week I was having problems getting and staying connected to the internet so I decided to be all "tekkie" and try to remedy it myself by re-installing Windows XP and all that happy crappy and ended up making it worse.So.....I trucked my PC off to the shop and they are running a week behind so its been a long silent week for Totmom.Hell,the staff at my local library didnt even think I was alive anymore LOL-I have been reading ALOT of books and getting lots done around the house.I hope to be back "on-line" by the 10th and I assure you all I WILL be back,I miss blogging so very much-I have almost been tempted to keep a written journal,but then again,who the hell writes with pens and pencils anymore?LOL-Thanks and see you next week!

1 comment:

Tim Chaney said...

Glad to hear the problem wasn't terminal. I get computer withdraw quick!

Did you delete all programs before you tried to reinstall Windows? If you didn't it could cause either conflicts or further slow down.

I'm not a techy either, but I have had to reload a few times. Also always reboot after installing each new program.

Each time I have done that I first dumped the whole hard drive. Of course that leaves you with just DOS the ancient program, however if you have the Windows disk it's all good.

It used to take 8 hours or more on my old old computer to do that, 8 hours and a half pack of cigarettes, cough cough. I've had to do it once on my almost 2 year old computer and when I did it on this one it only took about 1 1/2 hours to reload Windows and all programs, sever etc.

Good luck and "Hurry Back."