Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Black Friday Blues

Every year,around 5am,people by the carloads hit the road and the stores and malls become Bedlam as bargain hunters flood the aisles trying to find a good deal on the Friday after Thanksgiving.I'm sorry but unless Vincent D'onofrio of Law & Order CI is at Sears giving away free mustache rides,I will still be in bed,only getting up to swig Maalox and burp sausage dressing.Even though I wont be cooking at home I will be too full,too tired and too stressed out from TWO family dinners to go anywhere!
In defense of their insanity,alot of shoppers will say"Well,there are such good bargains!" but the very same bargains are also available on the internet!Instead of fighting traffic and trying to find a parking space on a cold dark morning,they could sit right at home in their PJ's with a hot cup of coffee and point their mouse at any of the tons of retailer websites and get the same great deals!Same prices,less headaches!The Pilgrims could have never imagined that Thanksgiving would evolve into this!
While we are at it,why does everyone feel the need now to put up Christmas lights and displays in their yards in October?My 3 yr old has asked me every night since Halloween almost if 'Santa is coming tonight' because she sees all the lights everywhere!
If you must torture yourself and venture out to the stores just be careful because with all the women on the road its downright scary(I AM a woman so I can get away with that statement-we are crazy drivers!)and some of them will fight you in the aisle for the last discounted "hot toy of the season" so try to keep your cool!

1 comment:

Tim Chaney said...

LoL I remember the Cabbage Patch craz, I think the Old Mall was still open and when the toy store opened the doors it was a mob scene and security had to be called.

Marketers create the low supply making people think if they don't get one today they will never get one, wow kind of like gasoline huh?