Thursday, November 15, 2007

Have you checked out K-Rock?

I am probably one of the last people on Earth that do not have XM or Sirius radio in the car so I listen to alot of commercial radio when I am on the road,and do alot of station hopping and one of my new presets is WKHW 106.5 FM.If you haven't heard of it yet,it is a classic rock format and I am really impressed so far!If you like classic rock as well as some 80's hair rock you will enjoy this station too.I still tune into 98.5 FM because I LOVE Bob & Tom Radio but when was the last time you heard Dio on ANY commerical rock station?I was doubly impressed yesterday when they played an oldie from The Doors.Why?Well,while I am a big fan of The Doors,it seems like only the same 2 or 3 of their songs plays on the radio.K-Rock actually dusted off and played "Back Door Man",which I have on the "Doors Live" CD at home and absolutely love!But you never hear it on the radio!Last weekend they actually rolled out some classics from Black Sabbath,Traffic & The Kinks,just to name a few.WOW!If you still listen to commercial radio,try it out!
Speaking of local radio,can anyone tell me which one is it that plays all oldies on Saturday night???I have heard the show once or twice on FM radio and it is AWESOME!Yes,I like oldies too!How many 36 yr olds do you older reader know can sing along with Anthony & Sylvia or Buddy Holly?LOL.I always said I was born 20 years too late......

No comments: