Tuesday, November 20, 2007

New today on DVD!

"Hairspray"
Remake of 1988 John Waters film-starring John Travolta-set in Baltimore,MD

"Live free or die hard"
Bruce Willis is back as John McClane in the 4th installment of Die Hard movies.

"The Santa Clause 3 The Escape clause"
Yawn LOL-kids will love it!

Also for Bruce Willis fans,"Die Hard" & "Hudson Hawk"(great movie!) is debuting in DVD format today....

TV on DVD today

"Chappelle Show The series collection" The entire Comedy Central series on 6 discs

"Dr.Katz Professional Therapist The complete series"
Animated series from Comedy Central

"Gene Simmons Family Jewels-Season 2"
Complete 2nd season of A&E reality show starring Gene Simmons of KISS

"Ice road truckers Season 1"
Discovery Channels new hit reality show-one of my favorites-on DVD!

And for you classic movie fans we have today on DVD

"Nosferatu"
Classic 1922 vampire movie 2 disc set

"Walking Tall"
1973 original reformatted in 2 disc DVD set

"Tremors"
1990 giant-worm horror flick starring Kevin Bacon redone in DVD

And for music fans

"Led Zeppelin The song remains the same"
2 disc dvd set of classic rock musical

"Nirvana Unplugged in NY"
On DVD-acoustical MTV sets from Nirvana

5 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

I didn't like Nirvana at all until I saw them do the acoustic set on MTV Unplugged. Got three of those songs on my blog now.

KooL Dr. Katz is back. I used to watch that when it was on, will have to check out the DVD, Thanks Mom~!!

Chimera said...

There only a few this week I would buy-I want the original "Walking Tall" and "Chappelle Show" so I wait a month or so and will find a used copy on Amazon when all the prices go down!I will rent Hairspray though if just to annoy my husband!

Historical Wit said...

DIe Hard is so overplayed.

Nirvana kicks ass. My genreations Elvis.

The Termors and Walking Tall are classics. Espcially Tremors. A real campy classic horror story. Reminds me of The Mist that is coming out. ABout time there.

dan said...

It says something that MTV essentially "retired" the Unplugged program following the Nirvana show. They were the only band anyone ever really wanted to see on Unplugged, and provided arguably the best show of the entire series.

Ten yearss later, they still mezmerize. Amazing stuff.

Chimera said...

Nirvana was instant death for the few metal "hair-bands" that survived into the 90's.I was able to forgive them for that though!I will never forget the 1st time I heard"Smells like teen spirit"!