Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to Joe Pesci!!!


Actor Joe Pesci turns 65 Saturday and I have to say he is one of my all-time favorites,just the characters he has played are hysterical.

He was born in Newark,NJ and was acting in plays in NYC at the tender age of five,and he went on to costar with Connie Francis in "Startime Kids" ,a kids Tv variety show,as a lad of ten.After short stints at barbering,singing and playing guitar in a band,he started appearing in movies and the rest is history!My favorite Pesci character would have to be Vincent LaGuardia Gambini,the cowboy-boot wearing novice lawyer in "My Cousin Vinny" and the late actor Fred Gwynne cracked me up when he asked Vinny "Did you say "yoots"?LOL.
He recorded an album in 1998 titled "Vincent LaGuardia Gambini sings just for you" and a year later announced he would retire from acting to pursue a musical career!Happy Birthday Joey!

No comments: