Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Recent DVD viewing


One of the recent DVD releases I have been wanting to see finally came in-it was released on DVD on January 14th but was on back order and that is Alex Haleys"Queen".Fifteen years ago,in February 1993,it aired as a miniseries on CBS and it told the story of the struggle of one woman,the paternal grandmother of writer Alex Haley and followed her life from just before she was born,through slavery and war,love and loss,and concludes with her recovering from a mental illness and seeing her youngest son,Simon,off to college.I watched the entire 2 disc 8 hour series yesterday since I was on the couch recovering from a cold anyways and I hope to eventually add this one to my collection.The book is always better but the miniseries starred the lovely Halle Berry early in her career,as well as accomplished actors such as the late Paul Winfield,Tim Daly,Ann-Margret,Martin Sheen and Danny Glover.

No comments: