Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Local blogs are filling a void

More than one person has commented in Grapevine this week about the lack of coverage regarding the death of actress Suzanne Pleshette in the pages of The Daily Times and it is all I can do to keep from logging on to Storychat and just screaming in cap letters-THE BLOGS DID NOT FORGET HER!Is it just me,or are local blogs gaining popularity because they are filling a void that other sources are not?My blog is nothing special,its really just fluff and regurgitated pop-culture to some,but I did do a fairly decent tribute to Pleshette,whereas most newspapers just had a small "deaths elsewhere" byline for her.Instead of relying on the mainstream press,people should check out local blogs-they never know what they might learn if they do not read them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with you completely , I read blogs every day aswell as the newspaper and its amazing what the papers leave out. You had a really nice tribute to Suzanne by the way!

joe albero said...

YOU have arrived! Feels kinda good, doesn't it? Joe

Chimera said...

Arrived?Where?and when?LOL.