Tuesday, February 12, 2008

In memory of two heroic dogs

Sue Feuling,of Winnona,Minnesota,and her young daughter were saved from a fire in their home in the early hours of Friday,February 8th by their two dogs,who sadly lost their own lives in the blaze.The family pets,Bella, a 3-year-old golden retriever/collie mix & Maddie, a 6-month-old golden retriever awoke Sue and her daughter and they were able to get out of the house,but could not coax the dogs out and they perished.The electrical fire gutted her home but Feuling says out of all she has lost,the dogs are what she misses the most and cannot replace.It is believed that the dogs stayed in the house believing Sue's child was still in her room.I wish them both well.

1 comment:

Tim Chaney said...

Wow that is a tough loss. I'm single with two furry Black Labs as my room mates, something like that would devastate me. Duke is 13 now and Mad Maxx is 9.

My condolences on their loss : (