Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Wife Swap" on ABC

I very seldom get to watch ABC's reality show "Wife Swap" because I have to rely on an over the air antenna to get 47 and it doesnt always come in clear,but I did manage to catch most of it last night and a Maryland couple were on the show!The Maryland couple,the Phillips, were a retired military colonel and her quiet,devoted husband-this lady had THREE jobs and ran her home like a boot camp and was a strict parent.The other couple,the Blankenships,were like a biker family.The husband (Tim?) was a rock musician who looked like a biker with long hair and tats and all,and his gorgeous wife catered to his every need-waiting on him hand and foot in full makeup around the house.All Hell broke loose towards the end when Tim learned that his wife had taken her "Swap husband" out clubbing and demonstrated "body shots" in a bar with some other guy.
I admit the Colonel Mom was tough on her two teen girls but they were very wise for their age and seemed dedicated to their Dad.At the same time,the Blankenships son was permitted to play video games for hours daily instead of homework,chores,etc.So it is kind of hard for me to pick sides on these type of shows.
I would never invite the world into my home,even for the 50 grand the show awards to each family,so I have some respect for people just baring it all like that on TV but some of the people are extreme.Tim Blankenship felt that since he was the "breadwinner",his wife should cater to him 24-7 and keep the house to his standards and still manage to look like a model from "Outlaw Biker" magazine.
Now I admit I do most of the housework and laundry but my husband cooks for us often and works very long hours so I can spend more time at home,so out of respect for him and all he does I do the "traditional" stuff like get his clothes out for him before bed,make his lunches,etc.I just dont look all that great doing it!LOL.Instead of "Outlaw Baker" centerfold,he is getting a grouchy bitch in sweatpants and slippers.
If you have never seen "Wife Swap" check it out on Wednesday nights at 8 on ABC.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO!!! In some sweatpants & slippers, now thats sexy!!!!
I give you tons of kudos for even being able to stay home and you seem to enjoy it.
BTW, $50k is not enough for me to open my home to anyone, let alone the public eye! Have a good one.