Saturday, January 19, 2008

Abortion rates drop

The Guttmacher Institute in NY issued a report this past week that found abortion rates are at their lowest since 1974!Pro-choice advocates feel it is indictive of a lack of abortion services in some parts of the country,but most researchers say it may be due to more contraceptive options and "medical" abortions,such as the RU-486 pill.I don't care why its down,I am just relieved that it is.While abortion is against my personal and religious beliefs,unlike alot of pro-life women,I cannot pass judgement on women who have had them-because I haven't lived their lives.That is between them and God,who am I to judge anyone?It is incredulous to me that unplanned pregnancies still occur with the wide array of options we have available today.You would think in these times,with AIDS now in existence,people would use 2 or 3 different types of protection but some fail to.Would I like to see it outlawed again?Thats a tough question I am just not qualified to answer,because I have never been confronted with an unplanned pregnancy and I was fortunate enough to have a child when I was married and ready to be a parent and in a position to raise a child.Will it be banned in my lifetime?I don't think so-and I am glad I never had to consider that a choice .

No comments: