Thursday, January 31, 2008

Super Bowl Sunday!

The week is coming to a close and people are stocking up on snacks,buying booze,and making plans-sounds like a holiday weekend,but it isn't-at least not officially on the calendar.It is Superbowl Weekend!Many people go out to sports bars,restaurants and fraternal clubs for festivities and multiple screen viewing.Others are having guests over to watch at their home.Either way,it's certainly a seasonal boost to some businesses-I heard on the national news yesterday that Superbowl Sunday is the biggest day of the year in sales for Dominos and other pizza delivery chains.Sales of snack food,soda,beer and liquor triple the week prior to the big game.
And inevitably,the later the game goes on,the tardier people will be for work or school on Monday!
There is alot of excitement over this game at my house because as some of of you know,we root for "The big blue" in Totmomland.Hubby is going to a Superbowl party at a family members home and since I am not really a hardcore football fan I am going to stay home and watch while I catch up on chores-exciting,huh?I am hearing alot of people say they think the Pats will win,even with Bradys injury but I just have a feeling that this is the Giants year and I hope I am right.
I also wanted to remind y'all that as of tomorrow(Friday)it's been 4 years since Janet Jackson had her televised "wardrobe malfunction"during the half-time show.I also recalled people making a big deal over it but when I saw what all the fuss was about,I did not find it to be anywhere near as explicit as some of the daytime soap operas can get.People were outraged because "kids had been watching"-which was funny.A kid who sees a bare breast on Tv is probably NOT going to grow up to be a perv because of it....
So what is everyone doing for the Superbowl?And who are you rooting for?

No comments: