Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Chiller & Sleuth Channels & TV in general....

I don't know how many of you receive Directv,but last year they added a brand new all-horror channel called Chiller TV and if you are into some of the horror-mystery themed Tv shows that came and went like "Tales from the Crypt","Friday the 13th the series ,"American Gothic" and "Twin Peaks" then this is the channel for you.They also show horror/scifi movies,albeit edited for television and not the uncut versions.They air anything from early Universal Monsters movies to Hitchcock to Wes Craven and the channel is included in the standard expanded channels tier.They also have Sleuth Channel on the menu which shows alot of "Simon & Simon","Magnum PI" and "Rockford Files" reruns and mystery movies.There is very little on network television that holds my interest for very long with a few exceptions.I watch "My name is Earl","Prison Break" and "Americas Most Wanted" and thats pretty much the only primetime network TV I watch so these "niche" channels are a great alternative.FOX will debut "Moment of Truth" later this month,a game show in which the contestant is hooked up to a polygraph machine and is asked increasingly intrusive or downright inflammatory personal questions such as"Have you ever had sex for money?"WTF?We will see.....Meanwhile I am still shaking my head over some of the "talent" that auditioned for "American Idol".
I have something to look forward to-the orginal TV show"Kolchak:Night Stalker" from 1974 with Darren McGavin airs on Chiller on Wednesday nights!

No comments: