Saturday, January 12, 2008

Dial-up Purgatory...

I haven't blogged alot in a day or so because of the weather and the fact I am on dial-up.Logistically,my dial tone travels about 10 miles in an area that floods easily and any damp and/or windy rain wreaks havoc on my delicate modem connection.On good days I am fine but right now I am dealing with 9kpbs-yes single digit transmission!It's the price you pay for rural life.I notice that when new subdivisions pop up out in the country they always get fiber optics but existing homes sure don't if they are out of the way.The very best method in my novice opinion is a T1 line but if you can get one on the Shore its expensive!Until then I will stick to the old way,dial-up,and be grateful I have THAT!I am old enough to remember when only rich and/or super-geek kids had a computer in the home!Glad those days are over-we have come along way since Pong!

No comments: