Friday, January 4, 2008

Stephen Stills recovering from surgery


Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame artist Stephen Stills is still recovering from surgery to treat porstate cancer and is expected to be released from the hospital tomorrow.He underwent surgery yesterday,on his 63rd birthday and will be appearing at the Sundance Film Festival later this month to promote the premiere of CSNY/Dejavu,which consists of footage from the CSNY 2006 Freedom of Speech Tour.Although Crosby,Stills,Nash & Young were WAY before my time,I have always enjoyed their music-one of my favorite songs is "Carry On"-the long version not the radio version!LOL.Fans can send their get well wishes in care of his website,http://www.stephenstills.com/ Heres hoping for a swift recovery!And while I am at it,let me remind all of you men who are 35 and older to get an annual prostate exam at your medical checkup-if it is caught in its early stages it is very treatable.The symptoms are

A need to urinate frequently, especially at night;
Difficulty starting urination or holding back urine;
Weak or interrupted flow of urine;
Painful or burning urination;
Difficulty in having an erection;
Painful ejaculation;
Blood in urine or semen; or
Frequent pain or stiffness in the lower back, hips, or upper thighs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to like & respect Stephen Stills...

Almost cut my hair... happened just the other day... find the cost of freedom... all that happy hippie horse shit.

Until he walked up to me and the woman who is now my wife and tried to pick a fight with me at a resturaunt in Beverly Hills...

Because I was dressed in black and leather punk rocker gear in the early 1980's...

Rather than taking a swing at him ( I later found out he likes to pick fights) I just looked him in the eye and said.

"I used to respect you adn what you stood for... now you are just another fat asshole..."

Stephen Stills is just another fat asshole... but I can listen to the music again