Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I only watch it for the auditions.....

Tonight the new season of "American Idol" premiered on FOX,and I am just now catching the second hour,not realizing it started at 8 pm.Honestly,I only watch the audition shows in the beginning-once they are in Hollywood I don't tune in unless I really like one of the hopefuls.The auditions are like The Gong Show,Star Search and Jerry Springer Show all rolled into one big event!They travel the US and audition singers and let me tell you,some of the contestants that don't make it-they are frickin' fruit loops!Some take it back and get cursing.One chick showed up dressed like Princess Leia and another contestant sang"Let my people go"....One guy wants to "send a message to Americas kids" and sing one of his own songs-"Sex is not allowed!"Milo is a social worker,he is 39 and too old for the competition and he looks like a serial killer and he gets up and sings this song and the judges are just aghast.Now,I am one to talk because I am a wingnut myself,but I am not putting myself out there on national TV!Don't they do background checks when they hire social workers,because loony snuck past their radar!LOL
And I have noticed,whenever they do a touching story on one of the competitors,like how they grew up poor,or went through some emotional stuff,you KNOW they are choosing that person!And it is VERY hard to get past Simon Cowell it seems.
It is kinda mean to watch auditions just to goof on people,but they give you much to goof on them over!So after the next week or so,when they have everyone selected I will probably tune out,unless they have another Jordin Sparks!!!!

No comments: