Thursday, January 24, 2008

An insult to the loyal viewers of Y&R


I have been a fan of "The Young & the Restless" for many years now,in fact it is the ONLY soap opera I bother to watch and I usually watch it in the evenings on Soapnet.Throughout the years there have been various plot twists,including Sheila Carter,the psycho bitch/nurse/kidnapper/master of disguise who couldn't be killed-but when Sheila went undercover,she was incognito and it was a believable and workable disguise.I only wish I could say the same for their current storyline with the starstruck Amber,a lovely blonde who disguised herself as a chick named "Marina" to get entered into a modeling contest being held by her ex-husbands familys cosmetics company.

Ambers "transformation" is so transparent,you would have to be a complete and total idiot not to see its the same person.All she does is adopt a snooty European accent,and throw a horrific red wig on her head and VIOLA!Viewers are supposed to believe that even her former husband,who has spoken to her in disguise,is too ignorant not to see right through it all!I know alot of you probably don't watch soaps of any kind and thats cool-I just had to get this off my chest and hope that if there are any fans out there who feel the same way as I do,that they know its not just them.I honestly do not know how the cast keeps from cracking up everytime they have to pretend they cannot tell who this mystery woman Marina is.I am almost insulted enough to email CBS and probably will!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might I suggest Rock of Love with Brett Michaels.
I don't know how much believable it is but it definitely a good laugh!

Chimera said...

I do watch it lol