Saturday, December 15, 2007

The death of good manners.....

Is it just me,or does hardly anyone have good manners anymore?I was out shopping today and just had a few things so I headed for an express lane and a woman in front of me,apparently aggravated by the slow progress of the line,was jumping back and forth from one to another.I HATE when people cut in front of me so I asked her politely"Are you in this line?I don't want to cut in front of you"She then huffed at me,like an "UHH" or something similar and abruptly got into the next line over.Not wanting to cause a scene with my child as a witness,I said nothing but inside I was seething.I just asked her a simple question and she grunts at me like a pig?What the hell happened to civility?It seems like everywhere you go,people are rude for no good reason.Considering the time of year they should ask themselves what Jesus would do....then again when and if He comes back to earth someone will just shove him out of their way and say something ignorant to him,the way things are now.I make it my mission to educate my child in the art of good manners and correct her sternly when she slips up and isnt polite.She will be 4 tomorrow but she already knows "please,thank you,etc" and uses them-they are NEVER too young to learn.Too bad some of the adults out there lack home training!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most people are shocked when they hear my kids using their manners (at ages 3 & 6)I thnk it's a shock to not hear other kids using their manners. Raising kids now is way different then generations before us. The expectations are just not there. Keep up the great job with your daughter!!!!!

joe albero said...

Did she look like the woman in shorts that I posted today?

Chimera said...

No,it wasnt her highness LOL...I can only wish-I would blog her in a second!
Its true,people dont raise their kids with manners now-they will let a door hit you in the face before they open it for someone.

joe albero said...

nzubeWell the woman I speak of allegedly didn't raise her own kids. She sent them off to Boarding School instead.

Chimera said...

Must be nice LOL-I am hoping I can afford to send my little princess to Christian school when she starts next year but boarding school?NEVER!shes my only child so I want to keep her close.