Thursday, December 6, 2007

"Don't threaten me with a good time" Bret Michaels Rock of Love 2


I'm so psyched!!!!Bret Michaels has announced that VH-1 will air "Rock of Love 2" in early 2008!For my readers who are not familiar with the show,the original "Rock of Love" aired earlier this year on VH-1 and it is a reality romance show similar to "The Bachelor" where 20 women competed to win the affections of the "Poison" frontman.(I just wanted to insert here that in addition to Poison,Bret also has his own solo group,The Bret Michaels Band)
Vh-1 enjoyed tremendous success with "Flavor of Love" and its spinoff "I love New York" and "Flavor of Love Charm School",and is currently airing "I love New York 2".I liked the first two,however New York ....is more like "Newark,New Jersey" in my opinion.However I digress-this is about Brets show!
The first Rock of Love was phenomenal & all I can say is if you didnt watch,be sure to catch reruns because you missed out on a good time.Too much happened for me to even begin to describe...LOL.Booze,rock n roll,catfights and romantic interludes,not to mention spirited physical competitions running the gamut from down n' dirty football to producing album covers.Mums the word on whether any of the contestants from the first show will return but lets hope at least one or two resurface.The show also introduced the masses to Big John,Brets head security man-who tried best as he could to keep things under control in the house!
The show also showed the serious,sensitive side of Bret Michaels,& touched briefly on how his life is affected by Type I Diabetes.Earlier this year he was featured in the August edition of Diabetes Forecast magazine and promoting diabetes awareness is second nature to him.That means alot to me in particular because I have had Type II diabetes for 5 years(I dont need medication yet but I needed 4 shots a day when I was pregnant) and my oldest sister was diagnosed 20 years ago at age 11 with Type I,and on top of that last year I lost a dear friend to complications from Type 1 diabetes when his kidneys failed him at age 39.Everyone thinks rock stars have such perfect lives when in reality they are human just like us and he is quite vocal about his struggles with the incurable, but treatable illness.
That being said,even if you dont like reality TV,give it a shot when it airs and see what you think.I know I cannot wait to see the show begin!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jihad is going to be vewy vewy jealous that you don't have is picture up there with your drool all over it!

Chimera said...

I drool over no one...I am happily married.And I dont know anyone named "Jihad"

Anonymous said...

Jihad is your buddy Joe.
And I guess you don't drool over your hubby either....based on your comment. Too bad that always seems to be the first thing to leave after you get married. The lust for each other.

Chimera said...

Trust me ...the husband and I arent having any "problems"

Chimera said...

For those of who you are interested,Brets solo band,EVICK,will be appearing at Jaxx in Springfield VA on December 21st to celebrate their 3rd annual holiday bash.
Ticket info is available at
http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/15003F74B1E2D18E?artistid=903350&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=200