Friday, December 14, 2007

Very superstitious


We were watching "1408" tonight and it had a brief reference to Numerology,(1408 can be translated to 13) and it led to a wild tangent about superstition...like how some high-rise buildings have no 13th floor,etc.I am a very superstitious person and he is not and he thinks I am a whack-job because of my little "quirk".The last time we were in Walmart,he headed right for Checkout 13 and we almost got into it when I refused and headed to a longer line instead.Likewise,I pulled in to gas my minivan up a few days ago and when I stepped out,I realized I had parked at Pump #13 so I got back in and moved to an adjacent pump.He thinks I am crazy but thats how I was raised.As a child growing up on the Eastern Shore of Virginia,I picked up all these peculiar superstitions from older family members,like when you enter someones home you MUST exit the same door through which you came.And to this day when I spill salt I have to throw it over my shoulder.Be honest and forthright with me,are any of you superstitious to any degree?Hubby says I act like some nutty old country woman....but its just upbringing.I think it has alot to do with ethnicity,and nationality of ones family,as well as what part of the USA you live in.Im interested in knowing what people think about superstition!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry but I'm with your hubby. I think such things are a bit ridiculous for people with a basic education.

Chimera said...

Deep down I know its silly,and I am edcuated enough to know that-but old habits die hard LOL

Anonymous said...

I always use pump 13 at Gordy's... heck, you're driving on Route 13 everyday, what's it matter??