Monday, December 31, 2007

Sad news

I was reading the local newspaper online early this morning and was saddened to hear that Miss Edna Davy Muir,of Princess Anne,passed away yesterday at age 93.She was a regular weekly contributor to a lifestyle column in The Daily Times aptly titled"Life in the Country".I always read the paper online to save some bucks but usually picked up a copy on weekends just because her columns weren' t in the internet editions,so I could read it.My favorite stories of hers involved the traditions of Christmas back in the "old days",when people actually collected greenery outdoors to make wreaths and garlands for decorations.She is survived by a daughter,her husband,many friends and many,many fans.I hope the Times will reprint some of her best columns from over the past 20 years because they are a valuable insight into the history of life on Delmarva.

No comments: