Friday, December 28, 2007

A nice toddy

My dear Mr. is suffering from a head cold and needs sleep so I whipped him up an interesting hot toddy from what was on hand-very sweet,very strong and very flammable!
I took a mug of regular hot tea,added honey,lemon,pinch of sugar,a capful of Canadien Club whiskey and a capful of Jim Beam bourbon and swirled it all up.He has two and needless to say he will get some rest tonight!And I think it tastes better than Nyquil.Someone else I know uses ginger brandy in hot drinks when he has a bad cold.Anyone else out there have any interesting home remedy concoction/cocktails?I rarely imbibe and when I do it is fruity girlie rum drinks LOL.We have bottles in our bar with layers of dust....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This works great... 1pkg. of Lemon flavor Theraflu or store brand of the same. 2 or 3 spoons of honey, and if you have one a prescription strength ibuprophen dissolved in the hot beverage. Knocks em out and keeps and em out!