Thursday, December 20, 2007

It happened 70 years ago....


On this day in 1937,the first ever full length animated talking picture debuted in Los Angeles-Walt Disneys "Snow White and the Seven Dwarves"!I am proud to say that I own a clamshell VHS copy of this timeless classic and although Snow White has had a makeover of sorts in her appearance to bring her up to date,she remained one of the most popular Disney characters and actually has gained new noteriety as one of the "Disney Princesses",a theme that is very popular with little girls right now in 2007.Only SHE could shack up with 7 dudes in 1937 and not be ostracized!LOL
Also,in an unrelated bit of trivia fodder,"Hanoi"Jane Fonda was born on this day.

2 comments:

Chimera said...

Sorry folks,I didnt realize it wasnt after midnight when I posted this-it all happened 70 yrs ago today,Friday!

Tim Chaney said...

Agh......For some reason I feel older now LoL