Saturday, December 29, 2007

Picking the Godfathers Pockets

Late singer James Brown,the "Godfather of Soul",left the bulk of his estate to charitable trusts to college-educate all his grandchildren under 35 and needy children and now 5 of his grown children are contesting it.Although he reportedly earned 5 million in 2005(he died on Christmas 2006)attorneys are saying there is less money than they expected in his accounts.Apparently the children feel that JB was coerced into changing his will by his financial advisers.I think that knowing he provided for his grandchildren(their children) to get a college education should be enough!It seems like anytime there is money in the mix,whether it be a little or a lot,a death in the family is probably going to be accompanied by petty bickering over who gets what.Thank God that didn't happen when my Mother passed.All 3 of us girls leaned on each other for support and our main concern was each other.I hope if they do get a judge to listen to them he will see right through them and throw it out.It's shameful for them to conduct themselves like that when he obviously wanted to give kids the opportunities he never had.

2 comments:

Tim Chaney said...

I bet that financial advisors and attorney's are the one's that ate up the bulk of his estate.

After the other family members hire more attorney's to try and recover the booty, they all will be broke.

PS...Oh I'm so sorry you had to resort to moderating comments, that really sucks. Not that I mind using it the way it is, it's just unsettling that so many nasty people exsist.

Chimera said...

I HATE having to moderate comments but I am not online 24-7 and I cannot be,and I do not want to risk offensive comments.I do not ban anyone but I do not like malicious personal attacks or offensive insult/unless you are a celebrity that is LOL-then its open season