Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"A Matter of Character"


My conservative Republican father got all 6 of his grown children a copy of Ron Kesslers'"A matter of character"(2004) right along with their usual gifts this year because we all enjoy reading and he thought it was a good book.I teased him about "trying to convert a few of us" because not all of kids share his politics LOL.Well,I got some free time and have read most of it already(I am very fast reader folks!) and as much as I am loathe to admit,it has kinda softened my stance on "W".I am a registered Independent and proably will remain so but the writer did a good job of making GW appealing to even someone like me.Although it glossed over some things,it also revealed alot!for example,in 2001,All FBI computers were pre-pentium 386 and 486 processors.At the time the new director wanted MS Office installed,he was told that the existing PC's could not run it they were so antiquated!Thats a scary and sobering thought to ponder.If you want an interesting read,and you aren't vehemently anti-Bush,you just might enjoy this book.

No comments: