Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Negativity

I am on the horns of a personal dilemma-whether to continue blogging or not.I was browsing the local blogosphere last night and I was shocked at the schoolyard mentality expressed in some of the comments.
My dear stepmother,a nice woman who wouldnt say sh*t if she had a mouthful,always told us if we didn't have anything nice to say about someone,it was better to say nothing at all.Apparently,in order to have a successful blog and garner numerous hits,one has to be mean and petty and that just isn't me.I thought by creating a blog that wasn't offensive to people,I could keep my hands clean and maybe,just maybe,some people would appreciate it and I would emerge unscathed.Boy,was I wrong!In the two short months I have been blogging I have heard it all:I am a kiss-ass,I cheat on my husband with fellow bloggers,I'm dumb as hell and the list goes on and on and alot of things said about me are too crude and vile to repeat here.I have said it before and it bears repeating-if having a "worthy" blog means that I have to leave my principles and standards at the door and start attacking people then I prefer to just be a blogosphere failure.If nobody likes my blog as it is,nobody is forcing them to read it.I am not going to change to suit ANYBODY.I am sure that the people who profess to hate my "blather" will no doubt read this and post something extremely nasty but I don't care.
Life is too short for pettiness and ugliness,and there is enough negativity in the world without me adding any.I have a husband,a daughter and a large extended family who love me very much,so I really don't need validation from anyone.My husband has asked me to just quit altogether because he is incensed at the bullsh*t people who don't even know me are saying about me and nobody tells me what to do,but I am starting to think he is right.
This is EXACTLY why more people with much more to say than I do steer clear of blogging.Its like sitting in the middle of town with a gigantic "Kick Me" sign.If you don't like my blog,just STFU!Don't waste my time with inappropriate comments here or try to make yourself bigger by dissing me on someone elses blog.GROW UP!

7 comments:

joe albero said...

Please understand that this is also something my Wife and I have been going through for years now. Mine also include death threats and physical harm, all of which were forwarded to the proper authorities.

That being said, I personally believe the local Administration is behind most of what you see. It is their attempt to shut everyone up and stop any and all Blogs as they have never had to be accountable having control over the local Media. It's a whole new ball game now and IMO you need to stand tall and simply ignore these Idiots.

Hang in there and let it roll off your back. Its only words and please remember, there are only a hand full of people making those statements. It drives them nuts to know they don't bother me. I'd hate to see a good quality Blog like yours go away. However, if it did I'd understand. Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

You would have been fine if you steered clear of Albero. You stopped after on post in support of him on here, but you're buddies on his site, and people know that. He is the king of harrasment and lies. With him as your blog buddy, no doubt some of the massive hate he stirs up when he lies about people is gonna be directed at you.

Joe Friday said...

You misunderstand. I enjoy your blog. It is innocent and good and with the exception of an early post, you have chosen (and been successful at) keeping your blog relatively untainted. If you'll notice my links, you will see you have been categorized as "innocent". This is because I have recognized that as far as your blog goes you are neither anti not pro. HOWEVER, I chose to use you as an example of one of Joe's followers as a result of what you post on HIS blog. I can tell by reading that you can and do think for yourself. Your blog is insightful and well written. I just cannot for the life of me understand that if you have ever disagreed with Joe (and I know that you have) you choose not to comment. The comment that I was referring to was one in which you chose to "slam" an anonymous commenter for spelling errors, yet you have misspelled words as well. That's it in a nutshell. Other than that, I truly enjoy reading YOUR blog.

Historical Wit said...

Hey screw them. You blog because you want to. See I have been at this way longer than Albero. I was bloggin before there was a local blogosphere. I joined up on The Daily Kos like in 2003 and started political hackings there. That is a huge place now and I lurk a lot but don't comment the way I used to. The local guys worry about hits and that is a bunch of shit. DKos gets over a million a day. during elections cycles, 10 mil a day. All I am saying is it aint about hits. I started bloging cause I got friends in Europe, San Fran, Houston and all around DC. So to keep them up with what I am reading and writing about, I started bloggin. I recently got back to that cause I lost sight of what I was doing. So now you see alot more comments on news and will see more rants on shit that I see. Sure you can get wet over there with the local necks, but being a blogger is bigger than that. I got some links to other bloggers like us that do this thing cause we like it. Check out The Girl with Moxie, or google The Pop Eye. www.wwtdd.com is great also. In short, don;t let these idiots push you out. Look around and find better blogs to associate with. Treat JJ like fire, you can get warm near him, but dont touch. Thats about all I got. I guess I will see how it works out.

Anonymous said...

The worst that that could have happened to you did happen- Joe put a post on his site in support of you with a link.

Chimera said...

Thank all of y'all for your comments.After a discussion with my hubby last night,I have decided I am not going anywhere,at least not right now.Except for the obvious negatives,I LOVE doing this and I am not going to fold like a lawn chair everytime someone offends me.Regardless of whether y'all like each other or NOT,I appreciate all my supporters!

Oceanshaman said...

You can't stop the negativity, but you can choose not to add to it . . .

Follow your gut, be true to yourself, and let your blog reflect the best of who you are and how you see the world . . .

You're doin' just fine . . .